NutritionFacts.org The Latest in Nutrition Research
- Is the Casein in A2 Milk Healthier?by Michael Greger M.D. FACLM on June 15, 2021
The casomorphins—breakdown products of casein, a milk protein, with opiate-like activity—in bovine milk appears to have opposite effects than those from human breast milk on
- Do Casomorphins from Cow’s Milk Contribute to Autism?by Michael Greger M.D. FACLM on June 10, 2021
Casomorphins—breakdown products of casein, a milk protein, with opiate-like activity—may help explain why autism symptoms sometimes improve with a dairy-free diet. In my last video
- Lead in Seafood and Wild Gameby Michael Greger M.D. FACLM on June 8, 2021
Most hunters may not be aware of the health risks related to consuming meat from animals shot with lead ammunition. I’m often asked in lectures
Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre Ayurvedic Treatment | Herbal Treatment | Panchakarma Treatment
- ROLE OF PANCHAKARMA- PATRAPINDA POTALLI SWEDA (PPS) IN JOINT DISORDERSby Dr. Karanvir Singh on June 9, 2021
INTRODUCTION TO SWEDANA- WHAT IS SWEDAN? Swedana is an Ayurvedic treatment which means to “perspire”. It is also known as “Steam therapy”. The word Sweda is derived from Sanskrit word- … The post ROLE OF PANCHAKARMA- PATRAPINDA POTALLI SWEDA (PPS) IN JOINT DISORDERS first appeared on Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre.
- Ascites (Jalodar)by Dr. Karanvir Singh on June 9, 2021
Ascites is that the abnormal build-up of fluid within the abdomen. Technically, it’s over twenty five millilitre of fluid within the greater peritoneal sac, though volumes bigger than one cubic … The post Ascites (Jalodar) first appeared on Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre.
- Nasal Polyps (Nasa-Arsha)by Dr. Karanvir Singh on June 9, 2021
Nasal polyps are boom of gentle tissues at the lining of the nasal passage or sinus. In Ayurvedic samhita, nasal polyps are called Nasarsha. Nasa arsha is a Kapha vata … The post Nasal Polyps (Nasa-Arsha) first appeared on Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre.
Vedic Yoga Ayurveda A way to being Ayurvedastic!
- What is Ujjayi Breath | Ujjayi Breathing Benefits & Contraindicationsby Kuldeep Yele on May 1, 2021
Ujjayi Breathing or Ujjayi Pranayama Ujjayi breath is one of the great pranayamas mentioned in Hatha Yoga Pradipika as well ... Read MoreWhat is Ujjayi Breath | Ujjayi Breathing Benefits & Contraindications
- Should I Take Holy Basil at Night or Morning (Best Time of Day to Take Holy Basil Or Tulsi)by Kuldeep Yele on April 18, 2021
Best Time of Day to Take Holy Basil Do you know various scientific studies and evidence suggest Holy Basil (Tulsi) ... Read MoreShould I Take Holy Basil at Night or Morning (Best Time of Day to Take Holy Basil Or Tulsi)
- Can We Do Mudras During Periods?by Kuldeep Yele on April 9, 2021
Can Yoga Mudras be Done During Periods? Yoga mudra is an essential part of yoga. There are several types of ... Read MoreCan We Do Mudras During Periods?
Homeopathy at DrHomeo.com Dr Vikas Sharma Blogs on Homeopathy
- 13 Effective Homeopathic Remedies for Mold Allergyby EDITOR on June 7, 2021
Mold is a type of fungus that resides in damp environments and can be found both outdoors (like on leaves, grass, rotting wood) and indoors (like in dark, damp basements, bathroom tiles or around windows). Mold allergy refers to an allergic reaction in some people (who are over-sensitive to these allergens) from inhaling its spores. The post 13 Effective Homeopathic Remedies for Mold Allergy appeared first on Homeopathy at DrHomeo.com.
- Supportive Homeopathic Treatment for Pulmonary Tuberculosis by EDITOR on June 7, 2021
Pulmonary tuberculosis refers to an infection of the lungs caused by a bacteria called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. It is a contagious infection that spreads easily from an infected person to a healthy person. A person can get infected by breathing in air droplets exhaled from an infected person during coughing, sneezing or laughing. Homeopathic treatment for The post Supportive Homeopathic Treatment for Pulmonary Tuberculosis appeared first on Homeopathy at DrHomeo.com.
- 11 Homeopathic Remedies for Abdominal Migraine by EDITOR on May 12, 2021
An abdominal migraine is a type of migraine that affects the stomach and mostly occurs in children. In this type of migraine, the pain is felt in the stomach and not in the head like migraine headaches. This condition is fairly uncommon. Homeopathic remedies for abdominal migraine help manage symptoms including pain around the belly The post 11 Homeopathic Remedies for Abdominal Migraine appeared first on Homeopathy at DrHomeo.com.
Akshar Yoga Yoga Studio
- How Ujjayi breathing helps you in chemotherapy treatmentby webmaster on May 29, 2021
Ujjain pranayama is a breathing exercise in the practice of yoga and can be translated to mean big victory or The post How Ujjayi breathing helps you in chemotherapy treatment appeared first on Akshar Yoga.
- Hypertension: Can Yoga Reduce Blood Pressure? Know 5 Best Yoga Poses For High Blood Pressureby webmaster on May 29, 2021
An estimated two-thirds of the human population or roughly 1.13 billion people worldwide have hypertension. Hypertension also known as High The post Hypertension: Can Yoga Reduce Blood Pressure? Know 5 Best Yoga Poses For High Blood Pressure appeared first on Akshar Yoga.
- Which yoga pose is much effective for COVID recovered patients, let the expert speak on this?by webmaster on May 29, 2021
For those who have recovered or are in the process of recovering from COVID, yoga can accelerate the healing process. The post Which yoga pose is much effective for COVID recovered patients, let the expert speak on this? appeared first on Akshar Yoga.
Acupuncture and Herbs News and Research Acupuncture CEU and PDA online for acupuncture continuing education. Approved online continuing education courses. Browse now.
- Acupuncture Found Effective For ADHDby email@example.com (HealthCMi CEUs Online) on June 12, 2021
Acupuncture increases the total effective rate of psychological intervention for the relief of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Weifang Municipal Yidu Central Hospital researchers combined acupuncture with standard psychological treatment. Treatment with both acupuncture and psychological intervention produced an 83.3% total effective rate. Patients using only psychological intervention had a 63.3% total effective rate.  The results were measured with the Cambridge Neuropsychological Test Automated Battery (CANTAB) test and the Digi-Lite Digital Transcranial Doppler (TCD).
- Acupuncture Alleviates Vertigo Findingby firstname.lastname@example.org (HealthCMi CEUs Online) on June 4, 2021
Acupuncture is effective for the treatment of vertigo due to cervical spine related conditions and diminished blood flow. Second Affiliated Hospital of Anhui University of Traditional Chinese Medicine researchers compared two groups. One group received only chiropractic and drug therapy. Another group received identical interventions plus the addition of warm needle acupuncture. The group receiving acupuncture had superior patient outcomes. 
- Acupuncture Alleviates Shoulder Periarthritisby email@example.com (HealthCMi CEUs Online) on May 29, 2021
Acupuncture has been proven effective for the treatment of periarthritis of the shoulder. This disorder is characterized by inflammation of the shoulder region, including the muscles, tendons, and bursa. Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanyang Medical College researchers conducted a clinical trial to determine the efficaciousness of acupuncture treatments. They compared patients receving massage monotherapy with patients receiving both warm needle acupuncture and massage therapy.
Medgadget Medical Technology News
- Kirigami Stent for Localized Drug Deliveryby Conn Hastings on June 15, 2021
Researchers at MIT have developed a kirigami-style stent that can provide localized drug delivery through needle-like projections that pop out when the stent is extended. The ‘spines’ on the stent’s surface deliver drug-loaded microparticles into the surrounding tissue, allowing for sustained drug release for an extended period. The technology is well suited to administering drugs
- Anti-Restenotic Drug Delivery with the AGENT Drug-Coated Balloon: Interview with Dr. Ian Meredith, Global CMO, Boston Scientificby Conn Hastings on June 14, 2021
Boston Scientific recently announced a clinical trial of its AGENT drug coated balloon. The device is coated with paclitaxel, an anti-restenotic drug, and aims to deliver the medication to the affected vessel wall during a percutaneous procedure. Coronary in-stent restenosis (ISR) is caused by occlusive scar tissue that develops in the stented portion of a
- High-throughput 3D Bioprinting for Drug Developmentby Conn Hastings on June 14, 2021
Researchers at the University of California San Diego have developed a high-throughput technique for 3D bioprinting. Using the new technology, the researchers can very quickly print large numbers of custom tissue samples that are suitable for drug screenings. Their printing method can yield a 96-well plate with tissue samples in each well in as little
Alternative Medicine News -- ScienceDaily From yoga to acupuncture and herbal supplements, learn all about alternative therapies, medicines and nutrition.
- Tai chi can mirror healthy benefits of conventional exerciseon May 31, 2021
A new study shows that tai chi mirrors the beneficial effects of conventional exercise by reducing waist circumference in middle-aged and older adults with central obesity.
- Meditative practice and spiritual wellbeing may preserve cognitive function in agingon May 11, 2021
It is projected that up to 152 million people worldwide will be living with Alzheimer's disease (AD) by 2050. To date there are no drugs that have a substantial positive impact on either the prevention or reversal of cognitive decline. A growing body of evidence finds that targeting lifestyle and vascular risk factors have a beneficial effect on overall cognitive performance. A new review examines research that finds spiritual fitness, a new concept in medicine that centers on psychological and spiritual wellbeing, and Kirtan Kriya, a simple 12-minute meditative practice, may reduce multiple risk factors for AD.
- DHA supplement may offset impact of maternal stress on unborn maleson March 24, 2021
Researchers have uncovered possible reasons for male vulnerability in the womb, and they've learned a specific maternal dietary supplement called docosahexanoic acid (DHA) may guard against the impact of maternal stress on unborn males during early development.